MicroLab Software Version 5.9.10 (June 3, 2013)
Upgrades included in Software Version 5.9.10:
- Software support for the new, higher power Model 272 Electrochemistry Power Supply. The “Electroplating” icon calls up software that supports both the Model 270 and Model 272 Electrochemistry power supply. This is transparent to the student.
- Bug fixes for graph line type in hand-entered data software.
- Added software for Coulometric Titration - isolated pH/amperometric sensor (Model 292 Electrochemistry Module).
- A new kinetics acquisition and analysis procedure.
- Time is selected as the x-axis choice after the blank is run.
- Time interval between measurements is selected
- After completing the run, press the "Stop" button. The program will complete the current data point and then will stop.
- Buttons across the top of the screen allow the user to select the y-axis function for the time graph. In this example, absorbance is chosen, and a linear curve fit is applied. The straight line indicates a Zero order Kinetics reaction. Buttons are provided for Ln Absorbance (First Order) and 1/Absorbance (Second Order). One can also apply these functions to reactions that produce particulates and thus increase the scatter as the reaction proceeds.
- A button in the lower right corner of the graph permits direct export of data to Excel.
- Data for four functions associated with the chosen wavelength are exported for each data point
- Users can select a different wavelength by clicking on a bar in the histograph, and export a second set of data.
- General purpose MicroLab Experiment: Build experiments to measure temperature, pH, voltage, pressure, time, conductance, counts, etc. Multi-point sensor calibration. Powerful graphical analysis software included, plus easy export to Excel.
- Spectrophotometry: Measure Transmission, Absorbance, Beer's Law, Scatter, Fluorescence, and Turbidity, and Timed Spectrophotometric Kinetics - absorbance and scatter. Monitor Spectrophotometric Titrations and plot elution curves for liquid chromatography of colored substances. Powerful analysis software included, plus easy export to Excel.
- Color Comparisons: Compares colors and predicts color mixes.
- Energy of Light: Show the relationship between energy and color / frequency of light, determine Planck's Constant.
- Visual Fluorescence: Select and hold on a LED to visually observe fluorescence, or to measure it with a diode array spectrophotometer.
- Fraction Collector: Counts drops and sets up fractions for liquid chromatography experiments.
- Electroplating: Apply a constant voltage to an electrochemical cell, measure applied voltage, current through the cell, and coulombs of charge and moles of electrons delivered. Given the measured mass of material electroplated and two of these three variables, compute the third: Atomic mass, Ionic charge, and Avogadro's number.
- Coulometric Titration: Provides a controlled voltage and instantaneous and integrated current measurements for coulometric titrations. Includes electrically-isolated pH and amperometric end point measurements. (Coming release 5.9.6.)
- Cyclic Voltammetry: Low-cost cyclic voltammetry with screen-printed electrodes. (Coming release 5.9.6.)
- Half-cell Meter: Determine the voltage of electrochemical cells, identify the direction of electron movement between the two half-cells, and designate the reactions as oxidation or reduction.
- New USB drivers for Windows 7.
- Upgraded hand-entered data capability.
- Upgraded Spectrophotometry: Visual as well as graphic display of absorption spectra. FASTspec software computes and displays visual 360-880 nm absorption spectra of colored samples as well as displaying and graphing transmission, absorbance, scatter, and fluorescence data.
- New x-axis display for spectrophotometric data analysis:
- A new electrochemistry voltage display for electrochemical series experiments shows direction of electron flow, cell voltage, and displays oxidation and reduction reactions.
- Template experiment “Save” command now works.
- Updated Fourth-order polynomial K-Thermocouple calibration data included.
- Obsolete IC-Temp temperature sensor removed from sensor list.
- 0-500 LUX light sensor calibration included (under Custom Calibration).
- Template Experiment file included for analysis of Image J atomic spectra calibration. (Listed under “Other” experiments.)
MicroLab Software Version 5.9.7 (January 3, 2013)
Upgrades included in Software Version 5.9.7:
MicroLab Software Version 5.9.5 (September 12, 2012)
Upgrades included in Software Version 5.9.5:
or download separately:Getting Started instructions
USB driver installation instructions
Experiment I Measurement - The Basic Science
Atomic Spectra executable only
Atomic Spectra student experiment
For 402 users who prefer the older version 4 software, we still have 4.1.4 available above. There was a Windows issue that was resolved with Microsoft XP Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you are unable to run 4.1.4, click on the link here to take you to the Microsoft support site where you can download a patch.